POTENT seeks a new Editor in Chief to steward the publication for the year.
We’re looking for a Caribbean cultural enthusiast and creative mind. A passionate and dedicated content strategist that exemplifies the ethos of POTENT and Caribbean power.
Determine and navigate the editorial direction and vision of a Caribbean diasporic publication and its digital properties.
In collaboration with POTENT CEO and Creative Director, strategize and balance business and editorial goals to increase content engagement, audience growth, and produce powerful, quality content.
Connect and partner with Caribbean brands and influencers to create and promote new content and build community.
Manage day-to-day operations. Formulate and plan editorial calendar and schedules.
Build, coordinate, and support a team of editor and writers.
Use your creative knowledge, talents, and skills to influence and empower the global Caribbean community.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor’s Degree (English, Journalism, Communications or related field)
- Several years of reporting and editing experience; has experience as an Editor at a lifestyle publication or website.
- A vast knowledge and keen understanding of Caribbean history, culture and brands.
- Has a start-up mindset.
- Strong editing, writing, and analytical skills.
- High editorial standards and journalistic integrity.
- Collaborative and has a team-spirit approach.
- Awareness of new media technologies and products that can impact print and digital media strategies.
- Bold in experimenting and developing new media approaches.
- Believes in the power of storytelling and fights to bring marginalized, often unheard voices and stories to the forefront.
- Authentic verbal and written communication skills.
- Tenacious and effective leader.
- Self-aware and knows your voice.